What Drives Me:
- My husband and extended family
- My Spanish heritage
- Anything food-related, especially cooking
- The Boss (aka Bruce Springsteen)
- Weekend getaways
- Inspiring advocacy
Issues That Energize Me:
- Expanding opportunities for women and minorities
- Public health
- Food safety
- Environmental protection
- National parks preservation
- Energy conservation
- Strategic communications planning
- Cultural competence
- Social marketing
- Public education campaigns
- Multicultural outreach
- Event design
My Proudest Professional Achievement:
- Creating a company that provides jobs for more than 35 people and is exclusively dedicated to improving the world we live in.
When My Career Began:
- Gabriel Garcίa Márquez won the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- The Boss released “Nebraska,” and “Thriller” topped the charts.
- “Cats” opened on Broadway.
- “E.T.” played in theaters nationwide.
- “Dynasty,” “Three’s Company” and “The Love Boat” topped ABC’s line-up.
Other Stuff About Me:
- Spanish is my first language.
- My parents immigrated to the United States from Spain via Venezuela.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- I’m a media junkie.
- I love being “tia” to eight nieces and nephews and dozens of honorary ones!