Youth and Families
Vanguard Dishes Out Designs for a Good Cause
Design and Event Support, National Network to End Domestic Violence, 2011
Vanguard contributed its flair for design to the National Network to End Domestic Violence’s (NNEDV) “Chefs Take a Stand” fundraising event in Washington, D.C.
Challenge: NNEDV looked to Vanguard to design materials for and promote a large fundraising event with a limited budget.
- Since look and feel set the tone for events, NNEDV tasked Vanguard with developing a fun and bold visual theme that celebrated both NNEDV’s work to protect women and families across the country and talented chefs from Women Chefs & Restaurateurs (WCR) who donated their creative food offerings and cocktails for the event.
- NNDEV needed low-cost design and production for all event materials, from invitations to auction signage.
Innovation: Vanguard’s Creative Services team took on the challenge pro bono and designed a “cake shoe” theme highlighting the collaboration between NNDEV and WCR.
- The “cake shoe” look was integrated throughout all event materials and set a laid back, fun tone for the evening.
- To help NNEDV meet its fundraising goal, Vanguard donated its writing, editing and design services to produce the event’s program and other collateral materials, including signage, menu cards, chef profiles and a dining benefits card featuring promotions at area restaurants.
Results: The sold-out evening of food, drinks and a silent auction raised thousands of dollars for NNDEV programs to reduce violence against women and children.
- The compelling materials contributed to a classy event that was prominently featured in The Washington Post, on dozens of local blogs and on numerous online event and social calendars for local television stations, radio stations and magazines.